Windows 11 Security — Our Hacker-in-Chief Runs Attacks and Shows Solutions
Microsft Mechanics, October 4, 2021
Microsoft Windows Security
By Jeremy Chapman & Dave Weston
“Many of the optional or high-end security controls from Windows 10 are now on by default and required on new machines with Windows 11.”
Stay ahead of external and internal threats — and balance performance, reliability, and security with Windows 11. Dave Weston, Windows security expert, joins Jeremy Chapman to share the rationale behind hardware requirements and how they provide significantly more protection against today’s most sophisticated malware and attacks.
Cyber attacks are at an all time high. Many of the optional or high-end security controls from Windows 10 are now on by default and required on new machines with Windows 11. The Zero Trust security model is baked into Windows 11, from the silicon on the board itself, to the actual boot process, your login as a user, and the apps you use in your Windows session every day.
See the sites that hackers use, and find out if your organization is exposed. Protect Windows from remote and in-person attacks with Virtualization-based Security. UEFI, Secure Boot and Trusted Boot stop rootkits or bootkits . Secure encryption keys, user credentials, and sensitive data behind a hardware barrier. Windows 11 requires TPM 2.0 on new installs by default.
About the Authors:
- Jeremy Chapman is Director Microsoft 365.
- Dave Weston is Partner Director PM, Enterprise Security, Microsoft.
- Microsoft Mechanics is Microsoft’s official show for tech enthusiasts, IT pros, solution architects, and developers. Watch and share demo and graphic-rich shows from the engineers and experts who build the software, services and hardware from Microsoft. We focus on giving you depth to quickly get you up-to-speed in 15 minutes or less on almost any topic – with in-product demos, how-to’s, tips and recommendations across Microsoft 365, Azure, Data and AI, Surface, Windows, the Power Platform and important trending technology areas – like cybersecurity, cloud migration, hybrid work, and more.
- Windows 11 enables security by design from the chip to the cloud
David Weston Director of Enterprise and OS Security. June 25, 2021
- Windows 11: The operating system for hybrid work and learning
By Wangui McKelvey, General Manager, Microsoft 365. June 24, 2021
- Windows 11 offers chip to cloud protection to meet the new security challenges of hybrid work
Microsoft Windows Security Team. October 4, 2021