“Trillions of Questions, No Easy Answers: A (home) movie about how Google Search works”
Google Blog, October 16, 2020
“Watch our (home) movie: Trillions of Questions, No Easy Answers”
Like any typical home movie, this one started in a dusty basement with boxes of old footage. Some conversations in 2019, a field trip to a data center, and an unexpected stop at a hardware store later, it came together into a story–our story. Like all home movies, there’s a good chance that the only people who will swoon over it are the people who are in it. But, if you’ve ever wondered how Search works, or are curious to see what goes on behind the scenes, there may be something here for you too.
About the Author:
Google: “Our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.” More » About Google
- Google Search: An overview of our rater guidelines for Search
- Google Search Quality Rater Program Guidelines: An Overview (PDF)
- Google Search Quality Rater Program Guidelines: Extensive Guidelines (PDF)
- Google Search: Improving Search with rigorous testing
- Google Search Ranking Results: How results are automatically generated
- Google Search Essentials (formerly Webmaster Guidelines)
- Google Search Central: How to get your website on Google Search. Google Search Central, formerly Google Webmasters, is here to help the right people view your content with resources to make your website discoverable to Google Search. New to SEO? Start by reading this quickstart to Google Search.