Chart and a table that contains historical snowfall data by month as recorded at the Alta Guard station (map) which is now part of the UDOT (Utah Dept. of Transportation) avalanche snow safety operation. This historical data was first compiled by Montgomery (“Monty”) Atwater who was the first snow ranger in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
- Most 745.4 inches in 1994-95
- 2nd Most 743.5 inches in 1983-84
- Least 267.5 inches in 2014-15
- For comparison 288 inches last season (2017-18)
- Average is 497 inches (1945-46 to 2017-18)